Friday, January 23, 2009

Headed to Lubbock for the weekend

The three of us are headed out west to see My Fair Lady's family this weekend, which means three full days of people I don't know oohing and ahhing over the baby. Which is fine because it gives us something more to talk about and do than just sit around and "visit." I love her family but they have a personal love of sitting aroung the kitchen table and talking about family.

Traditionally, I know only two or three people they discuss. Such is what happens I suppose.

What this also means is that Max gets his pilot wings today since this will be his first plane ride. Somewhat momentous actually considering my mother was (and remains) so deathly afraid of flying that she has a panic attack whenever she drops us off at the airport. It's fun to mess with her though.

"Be safe you two!" mom would say.

"Hope so!" I reply.

"DON'T SAY THAT!" she would shout. Then she'd sweat bullets all weekend. It's a cheap form of amusement for me though.

But I want to apologize in advance for all those traveling on the plane today. We'll try to keep him calm but now we're officially one of "those people with an infant." Should be interesting.

1 comment:

  1. So how did it go? Was Max a good baby, or a screamer? Hope you had a somewhat enjoyable flight.

    ReplyDelete